Venue: Johor FairView International School.
Date: 26th December – 31st December 2022
- There are two separate tournaments. The Open for all players and Challenger for players rated below FIDE rating 2000
- FIDE (International Chess Federation) rules and regulations apply. Results will be sent for FIDE rating calculations.
- Both will be played using 9 rounds Swiss System, with standard time control of 90 minutes plus 30 seconds increment per move. . The pairing program to be used is Swiss Manager. Tie Breaks are in the order as follows: i. direct encounter ii. Buchholz, iii. Sonneborn-Berger, iv. FIDE tiebreak.
- The rounds shall be conducted according to the attached schedule.
- Five minutes before each round starts, the Chief Arbiter shall make the relevant announcements. If any player is not present within an hour after the round is started, he shall lose by default.
- FIDE regulations apply for mobile devices apply – a player is forbidden to have a mobile phone and /or other electronic means of communication in the playing venue. Penalty is the automatic loss of the game.
- Officials and players should be smartly attired at all times while in the playing hall.
- PLAYERS WITHOUT A FIDE ID. NO WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Programme / Schedule
|Day 1||Monday||26 Dec|
|Day 2||Tuesday||27 Dec|
|Day 3||Wednesday||28 Dec|
|Day 4||Thursday||29 Dec|
|Day 5||Friday||30 Dec|
|Day 6||Saturday||31 Dec|
|11th – 12th each||500||300|
|13th – 20th each||500|
|Best Veteran (>60) *||300||200|
|U18/U18G U15/U15G |
U10B/ U10G/ U8B/ U8G
|Age Group medals are |
for the Challenger only.
1st – 5th for each age-group.
Entry Fee (RM)
|Open||JCA Member 2022||Non-JCA Member|
|GM > FIDE 2400||FOC+|
|IM > FIDE 2300||FOC + |
Twin Sharing Room
|Above FIDE 2300||FOC||FOC|
|FIDE Below 1800||500||800|
|Challenger||JCA Member 2022||Non JCA Member|
Closing Date: 17 Dec 2022
Registration and payment after the closing date incurs the payment of double the entry fee stated above.
Please visit JohorChess.net for online registration and the list of players. Registration to play is completed only after payment is made.
Payment (by 17 Dec 2022) :
1. RHB Bank Current A/C No. 20101700234090 (Persatuan Catur Negeri Johor/ Johor Chess Association) SWIFT Code RHBBMYKL
2. TNG E-wallet (60)167203338 (Andrew Tan)
The evidence of payment to be submitted to email@example.com
Players are required to budget for their own board and lodgings, as well as transportation needs. However Hotel rooms at package rate can be arranged through us . You may send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Conditions (Provisions) for titled player (GM, IM):
Hotel rooms (check In 25 Dec; Check Out : 31 Dec) are provided as follows: a single room for the first 5 GMs with rating above 2,400; twin sharing rooms for the first 10 IMs with rating above 2,300 that registered online and show confirmed flight details.
*Category Prizes are given if there are at least 2 participants
The organizers reserve the right to change the rules and regulations without prior notice.
Mr Steven Tel: +60167202272 Mr Dinesh Tel:+6014 6115256